We have been living in fog for three days. No sun, just gray, with moments of white. But really, mostly gray. Once, a long, long time ago, we went for 21 days without seeing the sun. I have no need to match that record. So in the effort to brighten things up…five good ones.
- Three day weekend. They should all be thus. Time to get jobs done, time to hang out with friends, and time to hang out by myself. Two days without an alarm. Time for baking, cooking and conversations. And coffee, of course.
- Coffee-shoe shopping-oops, how did I accidentally end up with a new comforter and shams-date with Vicki. Did I mention that the new comforter is bright green and blue? It’s happy and fluffy and feels fresh and new. Kind of the opposite of a foggy day. Oh, and it was $38.00, That’s a twofer in the world of five good things.
- Art + Copy, the film. Steve and I watched this on Saturday. Some great insights into the advertising industry (from the folks who were there before Mad Men) and a reminder that as a designer/marketer/writer (whoever I am), my job is to find the truth, and find a more interesting way to deliver it. Sounds so simple, doesn’t it?
- Pushing the envelope. Yesterday my friend Monica, and her friend Dorothy came over to learn about blogging. They live in San Francisco and do amazing recycled crafts. Like flower corsages out of zippers and book binding amazing. And envelopes made out of everything. They brought macaroons, pork bao and a stash of envelopes. We bounced between blogger and wordpress on our three macs, and eventually got something for them each to work with. And I got the envelopes!
- Having trouble (as always) mustering up #5. Unless you count the fact that Steve is right this minute in the kitchen making chicken enchiladas for dinner tomorrow a good thing. Which I do. Especially if it’s sunny.