Hot. I know, I know, someday I will be wishin’ for a cool 90 degrees. And I know that it’s too early to start complaining. So I did my best to embrace it. Or at least embrace the mornings and evenings. Highlights include:
- Friday night Lychee Margaritas and Lettuce Wraps at Ket Mo Re.
- The Scripps National Spelling Bee (though it did lack some of the drama and delight of the past two years, imo).
- Saturday morning bike ride to the Davis Farmers Market. Cranberry scone and coffee in the shade.
- Steve, oh Steve….he cleaned out the pile of boxes that has been next to my desk for, well, seventeen years. This is what we call choreplay. He knew exactly what he was doing.
- Grilled tofu and baby bok choy, along with plenty of vegies and wine, and the NCAA Women’s Softball World Series (a fan favorite).
- A long Sunday morning Toby and Steve walk, where I confessed that I lost my favorite necklace somewhere between home and Vancouver.
- Steve, ten minutes later, finding the favorite necklace in my purse (that would be a small purse, the one I took to Van and have used all week). I am too grateful to be humiliated.
- Skyping Miss Kate. This girl cracks me up. Three weeks until she’s home!
- First batch of mint iced tea. This part of summer I can handle.
- The JV Softball Party….wine, food and fine friends. Oh, and an undefeated team of giggling girls. Berry cobbler may have been involved.
Did I mention that it was hot?